Saturday 24 November 2012

What's New: Sleek, Ben Nye


                Hey guys,
So this is my first "what's new" post! not like I dont get new stuffs every once in a while, but I get lazy, and just cant be asked! :(
But here i am now, with my very first and hopefully more to come..
I purchased all of these least week.

  I did purchase these online from pakcosmetics.com, because I needed to justify paying £8.00 for next day delivery on some others things i wanted. I have seen youtube MUA beautybyjj, lizlizlive and some others rave about these lipsticks but I just have never gotten around to picking one up, I kinnda just always stick to MAC, Revlon and sometimes Rimmel.

I picked three lipsticks, VAMP 786, a matte wine colour lipstick; 
LIQUEUR 775, a beige ish colour ;
MYSTIC 783, a fushia colour
I gotta admit i love the colour payout of these lipsticks, they are very pigmented and they go on smoothly. 
so far I have only worn Vamp and Liqueur and i am loving them.
Price: £4.99

check out swatches below 


I also bought two blushes also from sleek, I already picked one of these up before but it broke during my last visit home, so I tot i'd pick it up again!
these are also from pakcosmetics.com by the way


flamingo and coral:
flamingo is a pink blush with slight gold reflexes in it (doesn't really come up on the picture)  its goes on quiet bright, so very light hand is needed with this blush, i dont want to come out looking like a black harajuku doll. 
Coral is a brown/gold blush, as u can see in the swash it basically comes out looking gold. Love the this blush on my skin, it give me sort of an highlight glow.
I have always loved sleek blushes, anyone who has any one knows how pigmented these blushes are, a little goes a long way and i love that in my blushes and you get 8g of product compared to MAC's 6g.
i use my real techniques blush brush to apply them. 
Price: £4.49



Finally got my hands on the Ben Nye translucent face powders.
picked up three shades: the infamous BANANA powder, CHESTNUT and EBONY(the darkest shade)
I ordered these online from makeupeffects.co.uk.
MUA on youtube have been going cray-cray about these powders especially the banana powder and I have been looking for a replacement for the MAC prep and prime translucent powder so i thought i'd give this a try and see how i get on with it. 
so far only used them twice and i'd give them a thumbs up.
I use the banana under my eye to set my under-eye concealer, the chestnut is dead on similar to my face powder so that will give my studio fix a break and I use the ebony as a contour powder as this is too dark for my skin tone. 
I also picked two other shades in TOPAZ and SIENNA but at the moment they seem to be out of stock stock, and aren't getting any sent from Ben Nye manufactures until mid December (sad, i know).   

Prices:
Banana 1.5oz: £5.90
Chestnut 3.0oz: £6.25
Ebony 3.0oz: £6.25
For the amount of product your getting I think these powders are pretty affordable and you dont have to go all out and get three or more like me. you could just stick to one or two.

I hope you find this post helpful and insightful.
Have a lovely weekend.

Any questions? or you want to know how I wear these lipsticks? 
Please leave them in the comment below.

                                           Mjay xxxo! 









2 comments:

  1. My friend was telling me about this blog and I finally found it ...YEAH!!! I also have bought the same Ben Nye powders but was considering buying the Ebony for contour . Do you use a cream under the ebony powder or do you contour with just the powder ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog... :)
      The ebony powder is pretty dark, so i just use my regular foundation and the ebony to contour

      Delete